FAQ & Troubleshoot
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How are the clarity of the CCTV System?
Answer: CCTV systems clarity does not only rely on the camera itself, there are other factors to consider as follow:
- You will have to know how much resolution / megapixel / TVL the Digital Video Recorder (DVR) or Network Video Recorder (NVR) can support.
- The Lens on your Camera, (2.8mm / 3.4mm / 4mm) different lenses give you different clarity / focus. Example: 2.8mm lenses cameras will give you a wider view then a 3.4mm lenses cameras and a 12mm lenses cameras will give you a more focus view then a 8mm lenses cameras.
- TV or Monitor, as we know TV are always clearer then monitors as we use a different cables like HDMI and/or VGA to connect.
- Lastly, the resolution / megapixel / TVL of the cameras itself, you can click the link www.star-lite.com.sg to view the clarity of our demo set if the system are matched correctly and accordingly.
Q: How can I choose a CCTV system that suit me the most?
Answer: There are a few factors to consider before choosing a CCTV system.
- The areas to be covered are indoors or outdoors.
- The functions that you need as there are Analog systems and Network systems.
- The size of the area that needs to be secured.
- Lastly, who are you securing. (Burglar / Helper / Aging Parents etc)
Our friendly technician will guide you through on more technical info during site survey.
Q: Can CCTV systems be viewed on my smart phone / tablet?
Answer: Yes, the technology today enable you to view your secured area on the go via internet, but please do take note that most major brands come with FREE lifetime smart phone / tablet viewing functions and some brands Don’t, check with your vendors before purchasing to ease your future hassles.
Q: How long can it record?
Answer: You can calculate the memories for the duration needed via this link www.hik-calculator.com
Q: What are the difference between a Digital Video Recorder (DVR) and a Network Video Recorder (NVR)?
Answer: The Difference between DVR and NVR can be confusing to many. A DVR synonymous with recording analog or coax base cameras whereas NVR record using IP cameras transmitted via network cables.
Q: I stay in a HDB flat, can I install my CCTV cameras outside my premises?
Answer: Yes and No, to install a camera outside your premises you will need an approval from the town council in your area. There are no existing vendors that are licensed to install outside your premises at the moment.